-Paleo Nutrition meeting Saturday October 10th @ 11:30am.
-CFNH Halloween Party Saturday October 24th @ 6pm.
-Join us for the Three Wise Men Veterans Day Workout! (Info HERE)
**Pssst. Look lively, freaks: CFNH Paleo Resources
I. Run 200m
II. 10* Fundamentals x 5 reps each
The Squat Series…
-Air Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat, Back Squat
The Press Series…
-Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
The Deadlift Series…
-Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift High-Pull, Clean (Full)
Impact/Focus: Barbell Row
Warm up as needed with 3 sets of 5 reps before completing the workload below.
Barbell Row 5-5-5-5-5
Post loads to comments.
3 Rounds for time of
21 x Wallball (20/14lbs)
21 x American KB Swings (32/24kg)
Post scores to comments.
Skill Development/Accessory Training
I. Hip Extensions: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
II. Hip & Back Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps
III. Glute Ham Raises: 5 sets of 8 reps (weighted)
Mobility and Active Recovery
Athletes are encouraged to read and consider the following article for immediate implementation; specifically the mobility section’s guidance. Thank you to CrossFit Invictus for putting this together.
A. Aerobic Restoration
25-40 minutes of one of the following performed at 60-70% effort – easy, restorative pace:
* Swim (this is my first choice, and if you have an ocean, even better)
* Row (focus on mechanics, smooth and efficient with a very low stroke per minute pace)
* AirDyne (keep the pace conversational and relaxed)
* Cycling (get outdoors and enjoy the scenery as you ride)
* Hike (nothing crazy here, find a nice easy slope and go for a walk outdoors)
NOTE ABOUT ACTIVE RECOVERY– The activity selected must be restorative for you. It can also be an opportunity to work on a skill (like swimming or rowing), but the effort expended should leave you feeling energized at the end of the session, not depleted. I would also always prefer to see active recovery done as soon after rising as possible on the active recovery days. It’s an opportunity to start some blood flowing and aid your recovery.
B. Mobility and Maintenance
* Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
* Choose 2-3 Lower Body Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
* Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– AND/OR –
* Body work from a licensed body worker (ART, Graston, acupuncture, etc…)
C. Inflammation Maintenance
* This could be a lot of things, but think in terms of compression, contrast baths, salt baths, castor oil packs, etc…
D. Nutrition Preparation
* Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
E. Mental Restoration
* Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.