- SATURDAY’S WOD: United In Movement WOD #7 as seen below.
- TODAY, APRIL 11 @ 9AM: Join us for some Zoom training with the crew!
Meeting ID: 631 352 682
- TONIGHT by 8pm!!: United In Movement Event Online Score Submissions Due
- MONDAY: Training will be the CrossFit Games Online Fundraiser Competition Event 2: Released tonight at 8pm.
Warm-up Drills (General Guide)
I. Run/Row/Bike/Jumprope of choice x
4-5:00 through work/rest efforts or straight through
II. Dynamic Drills, Yoga Poss, Foam Rolling
**Warm-up Concept for the final United In Movement WOD**
I. Movements & Drills x 2 Rounds
10 x Swings Right Arm
10 x Swings Left Arm
6 x Devil’s Press
(1-arm alternating reps/sides)
20 x Jumping Jacks
20 seconds x Hollow Rocks
10 x Plank/Handstand Hold Shoulder Taps
II. Dynamics x 2 Rounds
20 x Pike Walk
20 x Tall Duck Walk
10 x Spider Lunge
10 x Scorpions
:30 x Seal Stretch & Down Dog Per Leg for Calves
Thread the needle shoulder and chest stretches on the floor
III. Mobility & ‘Stretches’
- Perform band or strap Hammy, Groin, ITB Strtech
- :30 to 1:00 lunge (hip flexor emphasis) per side
- Roll-out Quads! IT Bands, Hammier, etc.
- Roll-out t-spine, overhead and bear bug positions to prepare for the overhead pressing in the WOD below
- Roll-out the medial glutes via figure four position on the roller (ie slang as ‘upper-side butt’)
- Spend two efforts of :30 or 1:00 straight through in the bottom of a squat, back to wall or in the open, use a goblet weight hold to help mobility.
- Couch Stretch x 1:00 per side!
- 10 Back Bridges from the floor, glute activation emphasis
“United In Movement WOD #7”
Select one of the following task Options below and complete
As many rounds/reps as possible in 10:00 (AMRAP) of
2-4-6-8… 1-arm Alternating Devil’s Press (50/35lbs)
30 x Double-unders
1-2-3… x Wall Climbs
30 x Double-unders
1-2-3… x Inchworm Push-ups
30 x Single-unders or Hops
Post scores to comments.
Single-arm Alternating Devil Press
Is a combination of a dumbbell burpee and a dumbbell snatch. Athletes will start each repetition with the dumbbell on the ground. Then, with one of the athlete’s hand on the dumbbell, they’ll perform a burpee, with their chest and thighs making contact with the floor. From here, the athlete will jump to their feet, never taking their one hand from the dumbbell. Next, the athlete shall snatch or swing the dumbbell with the same arm from the floor and finish with it locked out overhead, with hips, knees, shoulders, and arms at full extension. This shall indicate a completed repetition. In this alternating format, the athlete must switch arms at some point between repetitions. The can occur during the lowering of the dumbbell from overhead (at or below the athlete’s eyes,) or on the ground.
Please note, the athlete may “swing” the dumbbell between their legs to help to build momentum to get them overhead, but the athlete may NOT pause at the shoulders and press the dumbbells.
Double-under (or Single-under)
This requires the athlete to make two rotations with the rope for every single jump. If performing a single-under, this is a normal jump rope repetition.
Starting in a push-up position up facing away from a wall, supporting your weight on your hands and toes, with the athlete’s arms straight and legs extended. Keeping the athlete’s body in a straight line throughout, the athlete should proceed to walk up the wall, pressing their body into it until the athlete’s parallel to the wall, with their chest and feet in contact with the wall. Once the athlete’s chest returns back to the ground, the rep shall be counted.
For those opting to do a scaled version, the athlete may walk as high up the wall as possible, setting a target they can maintain throughout the AMRAP.
The athlete must walk their hands out until they’re in a high plank position, maintaining a straight line from head to heels. Lowering their body to the floor, they shall then perform a push-up ensuring your chest touches the ground. Then, they must walk their hands back to the start, keeping their legs straight to return to a standing position.
3 thoughts on “Saturday Home WOD 04.11.2020”
12+24 (25# su)
14 + 24 (25#/invisible rope single unders)
10+10, 35#DB singles, attempted a couple doubles…meh.