I. R0w 500m or Run 400m
II. Movement Series
– 2 Rounds of –
7 x Deadlift
7 x Power Clean
7 x Push Press
10-15 x Hollow Rocks
III. Mobility & Yoga Poses
Notes: Special Emphasis on Front Rack Mashing and Mobility, Anterior Shoulder/Compartment, and Dip/Pressing ROM.
Remedial Drill of the Day: Lunge as slow :02+ Negatives with light weight from 24/20” box @ 2-3 sets of 6 reps per leg.
Impact/Focus: Power Clean Heavy Singles
Warm-up as needed before completing the following Power Clean every :75 seconds for 9 Rounds as shown below. See notes for additional weight/loading guidelines.
Every :75 seconds, with 4 Rounds @2 x reps per set + 6 Rounds @ 1 x rep per set; work to establish a heavy single rep on the day or a one rep maximum.
Power Clean x 2-2-2-2
Power clean x 1-1-1-1-1-1 (establish 1RM)
- Build across sets of 2 reps (the first four intervals) to target an individually determined ideal weight to begin working through the subsequent 6 Rounds of heavy single rep intervals.
- Today’s training carries points of performance to emphasize for movement and capacity development with the Power Clean (covered during the whiteboard brief).
- There is an additional note of specificity in today’s training which alludes to an upcoming Benchmark “Elizabeth” test among other similarly designed fitness training/benchmark tasks.
Post scores to comments.
Complete 6 Rounds for time of
8 x Hang Power Clean (95/65lbs)
12 x Ring Dips
- The Hang Power Clean today should be significantly lighter in the metcon than the Power Clean from the floor was trained in the Impact/Focus.
- Scaling Dips to a modified movement or the Hang Power Cleans to lighter weights will still be a 1:1 repetition adjustment.
- Rx+ may increase the Barbell Load to 135/95lbs, complete the Ring Dip sets unbroken, and double each rounds’ run distance to 200m.
- There is a time cap on scaled, Rx, and Rx+ training today at 12:00 (soft time cap) and 15:00 (hard time cap).
- Athletes concerned about having a tough time completing half or more of the assigned workload at the time cap will adjust the format of the WOD today to 4 Rounds for time.
Post scores to comments.
Complete for Quality and Movement practice
4-7 Rounds of
1 x Rope Climb or Scaled option substitute
6 x DB/KB Snatch-to-Reverse Turkish Get-up
(3 per arm, alternate sides or switch after each side completes it’s three reps)
Ring Drill Bonus: 10 x Skin the Cats or 5 x Pull to Inversion on the Rings.