I. Run 400m
II. 3 Rounds of
5 x Press
10 x Hollow Rocks
- Points of performance and warm-up guidance specific to the Press will be covered and reinforced during the above training.
- The Hollow Rock has two primary talking/lesson plan roles for today; one is core activation and ‘feeling’/applying that through sets of Press with the PVC and Barbell warm-ups, the other will be referenced prior the metcon as we review and practice for the Pull-ups and Kipping ahead.
- Spoiler/Foreshadowing: future applications with TTB as well this week.
Warm-up with two to three sets of barbell/light weight sets of Press before working through the following sets/reps every two minutes.
On the 2:00
- Climb weight as able across sets, for starting weight guidelines see below.
- Performing the same weight for a second set of fives, threes, or ones is also an excellent path for today as part of this training’s intention is to develop an ability in each athlete to handle volume and regularity of pressing a linear progression entails.
- Reference recent Press scores from 08.12.2020 linked HERE.
- An example of applied logbook info that could be used from different rep maxes athletes might have would be as follows;
A 5RM could use 75-85% as a starting set of 5 reps.
A 3RM could use 65-75% as a starting set of 5 reps.
A 1RM could use 55-65% as a starting set of 5 reps.
Post scores to comments.
Complete as many rounds/reps as possible in 15:00 of
10 x Pull-ups or Ring Rows
20 x American KB Swings (24/16kg)
100ft x 1-arm Overhead Walking Lunges (24/16kg)
- Emphasis on active shoulders and core during Gymnastic or Butterfly Kipping Pull-ups will be reviewed for application prior to the metcon kicking off.
- The format today provides a great environment to build on the established baseline for scaled banded Pull-up strength progress (ie. last Tuesday’s “Chelsea-ish” WOD and training).
- With the American KB Swing we are looking for big or unbroken sets performed with a high level of movement integrity; scale the weight as needed to achieve this today.
- The Pre-WOD movement review will encompass two of the main varying styles of performing the American KB Swing (one simply involves more an upper body Pull-Push action) and the points of performance and safety relative to each for those who may prefer one versus another. Either way, attention to detail, ninjas.
- The Overhead Walking Lunges may be partitioned between the Left and Right arm as often as needed.
Post scores to comments.