I. Run 400m
II. Dynamic Drills
III. Yoga Series
V. Barbell Technique Warm-up for position/Front Squat movement mobility emphasis
(Front Rack mashing, Squat hold with weight, Couch, etc.)
Impact/Focus: Front Squat & Ring Dips
Alternating between the two movements below per their Odd or Even intervals for 12 rounds total; One round is a :75 second interval of Front Squats + a :45 second Ring Dip/Dip interval.
A. Odd Intervals (90 seconds): Front Squat, 6 Attempts x @ 1 rep each to find a new 1RM
Front Squat x 1-1-1-1-1-1RM
B. Even Intervals (60 seconds): Ring Training Tasks x Dips & Holds
Ring Dips or Static Dips x 5, 10, or 15 reps per interval.
- 12 Rounds total of 6 Odd Intervals assigned to Front Squat, each set of 1 rep Front Squats will be followed by one of the cooresponding six even intervals assigned as Ring Dips x choice of 5, 10, or 15 reps.
- Climb weight as able in order set yourselves up well primed to make solid attempts at establishing a new one rep record for the Front Squat; either an all time PR or simply the best weight and set/rep completed on the day.
- Ring Dips/Dips (or Ring/Static Support Hold for time) x 5, 10, or 15 strict (or kipping if necessary).
- Each round is the same rep load for all six rounds; only adjust up or down if absolutely necessary once the day’s training evolution begins.
- Scaling to Ring or Static Holds & Supports should aim for :20-:30 seconds of work during each of the even numbered intervals.
Reference scores from recent Front Squat training on:
- 07.15.2020 Linked HERE (F.SQ 3’s)
- 07.27.2020 Linked HERE (F.SQ 1’s)
- 08.25.2020 Linked HERE (F.SQ 2’s)
Post scores to comments.
For time (vs a 20:00 time cap)
50 x Handstand Push-ups
50 x L(sit) Pull-ups
50 x Sumo Deadlift High Pull (95/65lbs) 50 reps
50 x Inverted Burpees
50 x Slamball (30-40,12-20lbs)
- The L(sit) Pull-up is interpreted literally; while maintain an L sit position with knees locked, feet together and above hip height thus hip crease displayed at 90 degrees or less (if able) perform a deadhang Pull-up until chin is over the bar or chest makes effective contact.
- Inverted Burpees are essentially a reverse Burpee that continues fluidly into a second gymnastics skill movement; coming out of the burpee the athlete proceeds to kick into a wall supported or freestanding Handstand hold. Scaling this would entail moving into a strong plank or incline forward plank after executing the Reverse Burpee.
- Additional points of performance, logistics, and safety prior to set-up and commencing the WOD will be covered during the whiteboard brief.
Post scores to comments.
Goat work of choice or Spikeball…
Core work balancing at the summation of our week would incorporate at least three rounds of ten reps per side (20 per round total) of a Dynamax Medicine ball Russian Twists. Movements may be performed from the standing position with a partner as a lateral hand over hand throw/catch.
See your Coach(s) for additional drills and training if there is a surplus of extra credit time available after the WOD.
1 thought on “Friday 09.18.2020”
“Front Squats “: 165#
“Ninjymnasts”: Finished 25 SDLHPs in time cap. (SBs/35 L-sit Pull-ups + 15 regular/65#)