I. Coach’s Choice
II. Mobility Drills
Notes: Some possible forecasts might be Spikeball, 2 rounds of ‘Cindy’, or foam rolling ‘by the numbers’ as classes did last week.
Impact/Focus: Gymnastic Skills Couplet
Against a 10:00 Running Clock attempt to climb and complete one of the following ascending ladders of movement reps and static holds for time;
Ring Dips x 2-4-6-8-10-12 reps
L-sit x :04/:08/:12/:16/:20/:24 seconds
Push-ups x 2-4-6-8-10-12 reps
Plank x :04/:08/:12/:16/:20/:24 seconds
- Timed holds to accumulate each round are 2 x the number of reps performed for the Ring Dips or Push-ups.
- Scaling the format would be running one 8:00 running clock and working through as much of the rep and hold tasks as possible.
- Scale Ring Dips and Push-ups as prior training has established. Reps may be strict, kipping, or a hybrid combination.
- L-sit has scaling has three primary options for today to select from as follows;
- 1. Floor L-sit Drill
- 2. Heel Taps (over line on floor or dumbbell, cone, etc.)
- 3. L-sit Hold
- Pairing of movements with holds is deliberate, thus avoiding mixing and matching L-sits with Push-ups, as one example, would not be the best approach for this training.
Post scores as reps and seconds completed to comments.
5 Rounds for time of
10 x American KB Swings (32/24kg)
15 x Box Jumps (24/20”)
20 x Wallball (20/14lbs)
- A soft time cap of 12:00 is a useful scaling and volume regulation tool for this WOD;
- Modifying to 3 Rounds for scaling purposes is also viable.
- Scale the weight as necessary to facilitate unbroken sets of American KB Swings.
- Box Jump height or a substitution to step-ups may be applied today for 1:1 rep adjustments.
- Wallball height or weight may be scaled as needed.
- Today’s Wallball volume and efforts will be directed towards the upcoming Benchmark WODs “Karen” and “Fight Gone Bad!”.
Post scores to comments.