I. Row 500m
II. 12-9-6 reps, alternating
Russian KB Swings
Dragon/Lizard/Pigeon x :15 per side
III. Mobility Drills
IV. Movement Review and warm-up sets
Impact/Focus: Back Squat 5×5 Week 8
Warm-up as needed before working through the following every 3:30.
Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5
**Week 8 Back Squat Sets = + 5 to 10lbs from last week.
- Base percentages on a five rep max Back Squat.
- For week eight add an additional 5 to 10lbs.
Post scores to comments.
Complete the following for time versus a 15:00 Time Cap
7 x Thrusters (75/55lbs)
15 x American KB Swings (24/16kg)
10-20-30-40-50 reps x Double-unders (+10 reps per round)
- Scale weight on Thrusters to that the 7 rep workload may be completed in 1-2 efforts per round.
- The first priority today will be on range of motion and points of performance for training the movements.
- Secondarily we will be emphasizing unbroken, rugged, character building length efforts… ie, aim for ‘unbroken’ efforts at a smooth pace (ie; 2 or 3 reps north of a comfortable rep range).
- The Double-under assignment climbs by 10 reps each round.
- Single-unders are double reps for today, this should, provide ample carryover from skill work performed last week. Scaling the volume of double-unders may also be applicable today x 10-15-20-25-30 rep rounds.
- Scaled weight for barbell or kettlebell movements are 1:1 for repetition assignments.
- Rx+ athletes should be able to perform nearly all sets / reps Unbroken for Thrusters and KB Swings if scaling up the WOD as such.
- Rx+ scaling is as follows; 7 x Thrusters (95/65lbs), 15 x American KB Swings (32/24kg), and 15-30-45-60-75 reps x Double-unders (+15 reps per round)
- Fun Fact about the WOD name: Camel Spiders are not any more Spider than they are Camel (spoiler alert, they contain 0% Camel). Camel Spiders are in fact a desert Solpugid, which it turns out is a Scorpion. This suits use well, indeed… we eat sandwiches of these for pre training snacks daily.
Post scores to coments.
Skill Development/”Angie” WOD Primer
- 3 rounds of 4-3-3 reps each respectively for the Push-ups and Pull-up movements
- For Abmat Sit-ups and Air Squats we could use a minimum of 8-6-6 reps respectively.
- Thus the first round of movement priming work would be 4 x Pull-ups, 4 x Push-ups, 8 x Abmat Sit-ups, and 8 x Air Squats.
- Perform these repetitions as rx’d or scaled to the variation planned for benchmark WOD “Angie”.
- Execute the most strict, controlled reps possible, taking 2-3 x the amount of time to move through the negative portion of the exercise range of motion.
- Examples: Pull-up has an up and a down part, the down part is the negative. The same may be said for the Push-up.
Post training details to comments.
1 thought on “Monday 12.07.2020”
Back Squat: 165#….again.
Camel Spider: 11:11 RX