I. Row 500m
II. 2 Rounds of
10 x Air Squat
7 x Supermans
10 x Snow Angels
7 x Push-ups
10 x Hollow Rocks
III. Mobility & Yoga Poses
Impact/Focus: GHD Sit-ups & Hip Extensions EMOTM
Today we will be working on progressions for both the GHD Sit-up & Hip Extensions. Points of performance for training these movements as well as their benefit and function in a broader sense for fitness development will be reinforced throughout.
Every minute on the minute execute the sets/reps/drill assignments as follows; quality of movement is paramount.
Odd Minutes: 1,3,5,7,9
I. 20 x Hollow Rocks
II. :10 seconds x Isometric GHD Sit-up Hold (@ parallel to deck)
III. 10 x Half/Modified ROM GHD Sit-ups
IV. 8-12 x GHD Sit-ups
Even Minutes: 2,4,6,8,10
I. 10 x Supermans (w/ :02 hold at top)
II. :10 seconds x Isometric Hold Hip Extension
III. 10 x Half/Modified ROM Hip Extension
IV. 8-12 x Hip Extensions
- Points of performance will mirror across both movements as an intention in training the athlete to maintain a neutral spine while engaging the primary movers of the hip. Each exercise develops ability to move through…
- Flexion with GHD Sit-ups; the coming together of the two halves of the body at the hips and
- Extension with Hip EXTENSIONs; the opening of the upper and lower body at the hips.
Post training to comments.
50-40-30-20-10 x Double-unders
25-20-15-10-5 x Push-ups
25-20-15-10-5 x Abmat Sit-ups
- Scaling to single-unders today will be 90-75-60-45-30 reps per round respectively.
- Rx+ would be unbroken Double-under sets and Deficit or Clapping Push-ups.
Post scores to comments.