I. Row 500m
(practicing TEMPO at :01 drive and :02 recovery)
II. 2 Rounds of
7 x Sumo Deadlift High-Pull
7 x Front Squat
10 x Push-ups
10 x Hollow Rocks
Notes: Mobility point of performance today centers around Squat movements; drills will emphasize ankles, hips, quads, glutes, and lumbar; t-spine, chest and shoulder lax ball and tricep/bb mashing as individually needed.
Impact/Focus: Front Squat Week 4
Warm-up as shown below before working on the clock through the assigned set/rep/percentages for Front Squat.
This week calls for a + 5% increase to the two weights used last week.
Sets of one to three reps building to 85% of a 1RM.
6 Rounds; On the 2:00 of
4,4,4 @ 80-85% 1RM
2,2,2 @ 90-95% 1RM
- Utilize a recently established Front Squat 1RM.Increase weights by 5% from last week’s starting percentages (week 3, last Tuesday).
- Example of today’s training:
- Athlete warms up with sets of 3 reps building to their starting percentage, then proceeds as follows with 3 sets of 4 reps at 80-85%1RM every 2:00, then 3 sets of 2 reps at 90-95%1RM every 2:00.
Post scores to comments.
Select from the following interval options; and choose a Benchmark to focus on from below.
1:00 x 18 rounds
1:30 x 12 rounds
2:00 x 9 rounds
3:00 x 6 rounds
Complete one (1) round of “Cindy” or “Mary” for the 18:00 total run time.
1 Round =
5 x Pull-ups
10 x Push-ups
15 x Air Squats
1 Round =
5 x Handstand Push-ups
10 x Pistols (alt.L/R)
15 x Pull-ups
- Complete one round per work interval as expeditiously as possible.
- The remaining time is for recovery and a refocus on sharper movements and greater applied efforts/intensities.
- Athletes who are aware of their splits get the most from these formats of conditioning.
- Scaled & Rx’d Run Time: 18:00
- Rx+ Run Time: 24:00
- Rx# Run Time: 36:00
- Scale movements as necessary according to our general SOPs for movement progressions.
- Coaches will assist athletes with this as needed once athletes break from the brief for training set-up and warm-up.
Post scores to comments as total rounds and reps completed with any available pacing or split time data.
A Bit O’ CrossFit Trivia & Terminology
What does ‘Rx#’ mean?
How does one even pronounce such a thing?
‘R-X-Octothorpe’ / aka ‘Rx Plus Plus’ / aka likely a ‘good initiative bad decision scenario’