I. Row 500m
II. 2-3 Rounds of
5 x Power Snatch (PVC/Barbell)
7 x Push-ups
10 x Hollow Rocks
10 x PVC Passthroughs
III. Scorpion Sandwich & Mobility
Impact/Focus: Gymnastic Strength
Select from the following for Muscle-up or Pull-up & Ring Dip training options and execute the sets/reps every 2:00 for 5 Rounds total:
I. Strict or Kipping Muscle-ups x 5 reps
II. Scaled Low Ring Muscle-ups x 7 reps
III. Strict Pull-ups & Ring Dips x 7 reps each
IV. Ring Rows & Push-ups x 7 reps each
- Each 2:00 work interval is intended to leave time remaining for rest after completing the selected assignments.
- Halt work efforts and adjust rep assignments as needed if it is taking longer than :75 seconds.
- Option II will be an instructed approach for all athletes today as a basis for understanding the Muscle-up movement and how to develop the ability to perform them in training.
- Beginning with a kneeling start the athlete will execute a strict Ring Pull-up (self assisted with lower body) , applying the ‘false grip’ and moving through the Muscle-up Transition.
- From the bottom of the Dip athletes will press to the Ring Support position or jump assist to Ring Support position.
- The negative should be as strict and controlled as possible and is equal in value to the development of strength and coordination aspects of these movement skill sets.
Post training to comments.
Complete as many Rounds & Reps as possible (AMRAP) in 15:00 of
2 x Muscle-ups
4 x Power Snatch (95/65lbs)
8 x Burpee Box Jump Overs (24/20”)
- Scaling for Muscle-ups will be assigned as 4 reps of Pull-ups/Banded Pull-us or 6 reps of Jumping Pull-ups.
- Adjust weight on the Power Snatch as necessary to facilitate barbell cycling for multiple rep sets per round. Reps will remain 1:1.
- Burpee Box Jump Overs may be scaled to a Burpee Box Step Over as necessary. These reps also will remain the same for scaled WOD formats.
Post scores to comments.