I. Coach’s Choice
II. Foam Roll, Scorpion Sandwich & Mobility
Impact/Focus: Jumprope Skills & Work-Rest Primers
Versus a 10:00 Running Clock
Complete the ladder unbroken if able or work through reps assigned in as few consecutive sets as possible.
Skill Warm-up Ladder:
Double or Single-unders x 6-9-12-15-18-21-18-15-12-9-6 reps
Select your work rest ratio as 2:1 / 1:1 / 1:1.5 / 1:2
- Today’s Impcat/Focus session is intended as both a practical applied lesson plan regarding work and rest time relationships (how this applied to athlete performance) while also providing a structured Jumprope skill sharpener & METCON warm-up opportunity.
- Once the ratio for Jumprope rep assignments has been selected athletes will perform their first set of the ladder and then rest the time afforded by their ratio pick.
- 1:1 means rest the same amount of time it takes to complete each ‘rung’ on the repetition ladder.
- There is a 10 minute total time cap for this rep ladder; work and rest time management remain the priority of focus as opposed to finishing the rep ladder.
- We are looking for quality rather than intensity with this training piece.
- Athletes will be resting and recovering fully while setting up for the Metcon.
Post training to comments.
Complete for time
15-12-9-6-3 x Deadlift @225/155lbs
30-25-20-15-10 x Abmat Sit-ups
35-35-35-35-35 x Double-unders
Those athletes willing to take on the additional challenge today will be encouraged to go Rx+ with a Tire Flip task for the same number of repetitions as Deadlift.
Scale reps and apply movement substitutions and adjusted weights as needed.
An example scaled WOD writeup is shown below;
10-8-6-4-2 x Deadlift (scaled weight)
25-20-15-10-5 x Abmat Sit-ups
70-70-70-70-70 x Single-unders
Scale Deadlift weight to a standard benchmark weight that best correlates to 50-60% of a 1RM Deadlift strength ability.
Standard benchmark weight examples would be 135,155,185,205, etc.
Post scores to comments.
Skill Development (as time permits)
Option I. ROMWOD
16 Minutes run time, Daily ROMWOD training for Friday
Option II. Accessory Training WOD
(for midline and recovery)
4 Rounds for quality movement of
2 x TGU (one per side)
2 x Snatch to Reverse TGU (one per side)
20 x Russian Twists (dumbbell or medball)
2 thoughts on “Friday 04.02.2021”
9:54 (9 kcal row per round instead of dubs)
Jump Rope : ✔️Rx 😁
“Austerios”: 9:42 (165#/SUs)