I. Row 500
II. Coach’s Choice
Impact/Focus: Press 3-3-3+ (week 2)
Versus a 15-18:00 time limit athletes will work through the following sets of Barbell Press using the percentages shown below and in the post image.
Warm-up Sets / Progression Example:
8-10 reps x PVC or light Dumbbells
8-10 reps x Barbell
5 reps x <40%
5 x 50%
3 x 60%
Working Sets: 3-3-3+
3 x 70%
3 x 80%
3+ x 90% (max reps)
Notes: See the image below for math-ing/program breakdown. Download companion apps like a boss (Keyword: “Wendler 531”). Stated differently; Intended training flow is Every 2:30 to 3:00 work through the following… 8-5-5-3 rep sets to warm-up, then 3-3-3+ reps for working sets.
Post reps and weight for the 3+ set to comments.
“18.2 & 18.2a”
Time cap: 12 minutes to complete 18.2 & 18.2a
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 reps for time of:
Dumbbell squats (50/35)
Find a 1-rep-max Clean
- Scaled athletes should complete 18.2 against a 9:00 clock.
- This will ensure they are able to make attempts at a clean & jerk in the remaining time.
- Should there not be enough dumbbells for the class we will implement double reps at a single 32/24kg Kettlebell Goblet Squat OR 2 x 24kg Kettlebells for the same rep load as dumbbells (Plus a bonus 6lbs of tie breaking-bragging rights… allegedly).
- If the athlete completes all the squats and burpees before the 12-minute cap, he or she will use the remaining time to complete Workout 18.2a, a 1-rep-max clean.
- The clean must be performed with a barbell, and the plates must be secured with collars.
- The athlete may complete as many attempts as he or she likes until the time cap is up but will only receive credit for the heaviest successful lift.
- Plates smaller than 1⁄2 lb. may not be used, and the minimum weight increase will be 1 pound.
Post time (18.2) and weight (18.2a) to comments.