I. Run 400m
II. 2 Rounds of
7 x Air Squat to Medicine Ball
7 x Medicine Ball Sumo Deadlift
7 x Medicine Ball Sumo Deadlift High Pull
7 x Medicine Ball Power Clean
7 x Medicine Ball Clean
15 x Hollow Rocks
III. Mobility & Yoga Poses
Impact/Focus: Clean & Jerk
3-5:00 x Movement Review, equipment and weight set-up, & warm-up sets/reps for Full Clean & Push Jerk (Barbells and PVC)
After completing technique review and warm-up sets work through the following 10 rounds of Clean & Jerks, climbing weight only if technique is sound and consistent.
Every :90 seconds for 10 Rounds work through the following sets/reps
Power Clean & Jerk 3-3 / 2-2-2 / 1-1-1-1-1 RM
- Using ‘touch and go’ barbell cycling technique for today’s training is applicable for athletes who are confident and consistent with the Full Clean movement as well as the Push Jerk.
- Climb weight only if technique is sound and consistent.
- Athlete’s focusing on learning the movement pattern and form should reset each rep to give time to apply cues/improve movements.
- Training Emphasis & Priority Points of Performance:
- 1. Proficiency and Consistency in receiving the barbell in the Full Squat for the Clean.
- 2. Using proper movement technique for any ‘successful’ sets on the day regarding Push Jerk.
- Press or Push Press are no go for this, we are working on the Dip, Drive and Drop under the bar (into the power position) in order to stay efficient in moving weights from the front rack to overhead today.
Post scores to comments.
Complete as many rounds/reps as possible in 15:00 of
8 x Hang Power Clean & Jerk (95/65lbs)
12 x Pull-ups
- The drop in weight should be emphasized between the impact/focus Clean & Jerk and the metcon Hang Clean & Jerk in order to help athletes refine their efficiency with this movement family.
- Points of performance for the Hang Clean & Jerk include keeping good position with lighter weight via shoulders over the bar for the Hang Power Clean and getting under the Push Jerk by using appropriate technique in dropping hips back and down thus catching the weight overhead with arms locked out.
- Scale Hang Power Clean & Jerk weights as necessary to facilitate proper movement first and foremost.
- Secondly, Hang Power Clean & Jerk weight should be able to be executed for multiple reps in a row.
- Scale Pull-ups with consideration to keeping those efforts within a 2 minute or less duration.
- This is intended to keep scaling for bands vs Jumping Pull-ups or ring rows to that which does not excessively hamper the athletes pace for the overall metcon.
- Scaling the Run to 200m per round may be applicable for some athlete scaling.
- Those looking to throwdown in an Rx+ fashion today may go to 135/95lbs and scale Pull-ups to Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups.
Post scores to comments.