I. Run 400m
II. Dynamic Series
III. Mobility Drills
Impact/Focus: Back Squat 5-5-5+ (WEEK 2)
Work through the following sets of Back Squat using the percentage based sets outlined below.
5 x 50% (warm-up)
3 x 60% (warm-up)
5 x 65%
5 x 75%
5+ x 85%
- To determine loads use 1-rep Back Squat established on 09.13.2021 linked HERE.
- Athletes will be instructed on how to take their one rep max number (this is for our Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift strength cycle) and adjust to a slightly lower 90% number from which the following sets/reps/training are based.
- The final set is a ”+” set each day, which means each athlete will keep going for a max reps after hitting their 5th rep.
- We will also help athletes understand how to lay out all sets and reps for each week based on the one rep numbers for those who want the extra prep work done ahead of time;
- And yes, as promised, we will also help you download the simple and free Wendler 5-3-1 app to crunch numbers for you like new age generational tech pros.
- Google will also yield some basic spreadsheets for those who prefer this particular method of nerding out (older school).
- There is also a very helpful image below that just briefly outlines the overview for the Wendler program; just a glance would benefit everyone’s understanding for the following weeks.
Post sets/reps/loads to comments.
For time Versus a 15:00 time cap
4 Rounds of
10 x Pull-ups
15 x GHD Sit-ups
15 x American KB Swings (24/16kg)
Notes: If time capped, complete the second 400m Run at a buyout/cooldown pace. Additional notes on scaling and Rx+ challenges will be covered during the whiteboard brief.
Post scores to comments.