I. Run 400
II. Coach’s Choice
Impact/Focus: Tempo Deadlifts & Handstand Skill Drills
Warm-up & Set-up Efforts vs. 6:00 … Begin with 5 reps sets at lighter weight before progressing to single rep efforts. Set-up and practice Handstand drills between weightlifting sets which should build to an intended starting weight.
6 Rounds, on the 2:30 of
I. Deadlift 5-4-3-2-1
*Climb weight as able, pause at lockout and control the negative for 1 to 2 seconds
II. Handstand Skills/Drills x Training Objective
**3-7 reps, 10-20ft, :10 to :20 seconds per relative skill assignment
- Percentage start guidance should be around 60-70% of a recent 1RM record.
- There is a controlled 1 to 2 second negative today on the Deadlift movement;
- Reinforcing a strong end range of motion and a controlled negative for positioning and strength emphasis will be prioritized before going full tilt on weight progressions.Post scores to comments.
“Concrete & HAM”
Complete 5 Rounds for time
15:00 Time Cap
15-12-9-6-3 reps x Handstand Push-ups
15-12-9-6-3 reps x Deadlift (225/155lbs)
- Deadlift scaling will be covered during the whiteboard brief; rough guidance at 60% of best lift from the weightlifting above or 1RM to determine conditioning load.
- Handstand Push-ups will scale at 1:1 for Scaled HSPU’s & Stinkbugs.
- Movement scaling options may also be applied as 5-4-3-2-1 reps of Wallwalks or 80ft of Bear Crawling each round.
- Rx+ would be HS Walk 20ft per round w/ 275/185lb Deadlift.
Post scores to comments.